Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Inspired foods

All of the delicious food posts over the past few weeks had me and Olivia feeling excited to make some of them.

Here's our attempt at mini rhubarb-filled streusel muffins, inspired by Elisabeth's muffins from a few weeks back. I really like having a mini muffin with my morning coffee, and these were delicious. When I make them again, I'm going to try to pack even more rhubarb into them.

Do the Hancock Barnharts have a rhubarb patch that you harvested for Elisabeth's muffins? Or was that grocery-store rhubarb you were using?




And then we decided to try the dalgona coffee trend that Janell wrote about recently. I made them hot (instead of iced), and they were delicious! They look very pretty in the first picture, but it's almost like having a solid marshmallow layer on top of the milk, so I stirred it together for a delicious, rich sweet coffee (that's the second, less pretty picture). It reminded me a little of Vietnamese coffee, which is strong coffee mixed with sweetened, condensed milk, I believe.

This was pretty easy to make. A nice afternoon pick-me-up!



Thanks, everyone, for the inspiring recipes!

3 comments:

  1. Yum yum! Looks good Ben. I have given up on baking artisinal goods for the moment in order to complete other pressing tasks. But I may have to take on that rhubarb cupcake recipe after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast is usually the most disciplined meal of my day, but all these muffins have me wavering. Those look great! And I’m glad you guys liked the dalgona coffees. You’re right - they really are best stirred, but very photogenic before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Houghton Barnharts si not have a rhubarb patch in our yard, but we harvest a bunch every spring from the garden at the Rowe farm and then freeze it to use throughout the year. No grocery store rhubarb for us.

    ReplyDelete