Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Dream Pizza


Several weeks ago, I read about this cheesy pan pizza recipe from King Arthur Flour and knew immediately that I needed to make it. I had to wait till I had the right ingredients (which are quite simple, I just didn't have flour or cheese) but once I was able to make it, I found it was even better than I'd hoped. This is somewhere in between a greasy pan pizza (delicious, but can be a bit heavy) and a Chicago style stuffed pizza (also delicious, but can anyone survive eating that much cheese more than once every couple years?).

This pizza, or "dream pizza" as I like to call it, is like a bubbly pillow of warm bread with just the right amount of golden cheese on top, and a wonderfully crisped outer crust. We've made this several times now since that first day and have found it never disappoints. One of my favorite iterations was topped with mushrooms, rosemary and a garlic cream sauce, but we've found it's best to keep the toppings somewhat skimpy to allow the crust to rise to it's full glory. If you aren't yet convinced to try this pizza recipe, here are a few photos that will hopefully do the trick.






2 comments:

  1. Woah......this looks so delicious!!! I've got to try making it!!

    I see a nice motif with some of the foods you and your family like making...Dream Pizza....Cloud Pancakes....they have a nice aeronautical/night-time theme to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I'm getting hungry for pizza now. Thankfully, I have a steaming pot of soup on the stove and just pulled fresh bread out of the oven...otherwise I'd have to find the ingredients for these pronto!

    Looks great, Janell. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete