Friday, January 27, 2012

Chicago knows good pizza

Last Sunday, in between wooing Hazel with his mad accordian skills and making viral videos, Daniel requested deep dish pizza for lunch. I got ambitious and thought "Ha! What do all these established, time-honored pizza restaurants have that I don't? I'm going to make it myself!" Several cups of cheese later:

Even my cheesy smile can't detract from this deep dish pizza.


Temptingly cheesy

I was pretty happy with how it turned out. The tomato sauce was on the sweeter side which I really like, and it wasn't too hard to put together. Daniel rolled out the crusts (one larger one for the bottom and sides, and a smaller one that fit on top right under the sauce), and David chopped and placed all the ingredients. I've been trying to come up with any excuse I can to make this again...so right now would be a good time for a visit. :) 

4 comments:

  1. You mean to tell me that Daniel has a new skill that all babies love? We should start calling him the baby whisperer.

    That pizza looks amazing! Not that you would want to, but it looks big enough that Ozzie would have been able to fit inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop thinking about Ozzie all curled up in a pizza pie. The thing is he'd probably love at least the first 15 minutes in the oven - that dog loves to be warm!

      Delete
  2. Oh, man. Why did you have to post this when I was so hungry!?! And yet it would take at least 7 hours before I could eat a slice. This is the cruelest Butcher's blog post ever...

    ReplyDelete