Sunday, January 22, 2012

Submersing Food in Hot Liquids/Semi-Solids

I realize this is a little unusual for a Butchers's blog post, because it's only partly about food, and the food pictures aren't all that great. A week ago I hosted a fondue party for some friends from my "long-ago" Milkweed days, and thought some of you might appreciate seeing the photos.

The table set, before we destroyed all the wonderful food.

It was my first time having fondue, and I have to recommend it for any of you who've never tried it. There was a lot of prep-work, but all that prep makes the dining part of the meal go quickly. We prepared a coq au vin broth for vegetables, a traditional cheese fondue, oil for meats, and chocolate for the final dessert round.

(from l to r): Kate, Dan, Jen, me, Maryhope, & Ethan.
And here's the happy crew, after we've decimated most of the food. Of the people here, my ex-Milkweed colleagues are Kate, Jen, and Ethan.

2 comments:

  1. looks great Ben! Remind me to tell you about my fondue story sometime : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Kate is either demonstrating how you fondue...or has an extra long index finger.

    Sounds delicious. I'm a little disappointed you didn't do a "trick" plate of fondue items, like maybe bologna squares, sliced hot dogs, lemon slices, and maybe some lettuce. Awkward moments are always a good way to start a party.

    ReplyDelete