Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday to this Buttercup Squash Soup

Sometime in the past (I'm not exactly sure when, so it's safe to say that it's at least a year or more in the past), I received some frozen pureed pumpkin and squash from Steve and Rachel. Now, at last, it has become time to use them.

I found a bag of buttercup squash in my freezer and decided to make a soup with it. Now that it's feeling all fall-y outside, my mind turns to squash soups and roasted vegetables and crock pot pork shoulders, which, coincidentally, is what I happened to have for dinner the other night.

The soup is the only thing I took a picture of, though. And here it is in all it's glory, dressed up with some slivers of red bell pepper and a couple dollops of goat cheese.



I used the recipe here, and it was just about the simplest soup I've ever thrown together. Having a bag of pureed squash (instead of raw chunks) helped a lot.

So, thanks to Steve and Rachel for the squash, and thanks to the squash for a delicious soup.

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive, especially with all you've got going with finishing house projects, and sorting and packing, no less! Guess the recipe would had to have been easy, with as busy as you are. Looks quite appetizing! Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete