Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Pumpkin and the Pie


Said the pumpkin to the pie,
"I'm a pumpkin for a pie,
Not the kind to carve a face,
But the kind that you can taste!"

Then the pie said to the pumpkin,
"Why, indeed, I'm not a bumpkin!
For I'm filled with one like you,
And am yummy through and through!"

And the two became good friends,
For they realized in the end,
That to team up with each other,
Made a treat to beat all others!

Pumpkin puree, courtesy of Daniel,
and the pie was made by Janell. : )

4 comments:

  1. Very nice poem, Mom. Did you get it from Anonymous? That pie looks soooo good! But where/how did Daniel get pumpkin puree? And how did you get a picture of the pumpkin and pie together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have occasional contact with Anonymous, but this poem was from me, thank you. I'll let Janell answer your questions, but I will attest to how good the pie was! Ummm : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the poem is quite good, Mom. I'm not sure if it is as good as the pie was, though - I guess I'll never know.

    Did you pre-bake the crust Janell?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) I did not pre-bake the crust, though it was a subject of discussion.

    2) Daniel happened into the pumpkin puree by an act of sheer pumpkin brutality - the pictured pumpkin's twin brother was sliced in half, steamed to death in the microwave, and chopped into miniscule pieces in the food processor. Sad but delicious.

    ReplyDelete